- The market closes at 3 p.m. on the last day of the event. Under no circumstances may any exhibitor start tear down or begin removal of his exhibit before that time. Market hours must be observed as a courtesy to both buyers and exhibitors. Notification of market closure will be made over the PA system.
- Do not order tear-down personnel to arrive at your booth until market closing time, as they will not be allowed in the market nor permitted to begin work until this time. These individuals will require a special move-out badge to gain access to the floor. Please ensure that any individuals you hire for move-out are notified of this procedure.
- At show closing time, the building will be cleared of buyers and the show decorator will be given one hour to roll up the aisle carpets and remove plants and garbage containers from the aisles. Dollies, handcarts, pump trucks, or any object with wheels will not be allowed on the show floor during this time. Only items that can be hand-carried to and from the booth are allowed on the floor at this time.
- Once all aisle carpet has been removed from the facility and the ‘all clear’ has been given, materials handling staff will begin to return storage items to exhibitors’ booths.
- Storage is housed off-site in trailers. All exhibitor storage will be returned to booths starting at 4 p.m. after the market has closed. Exhibitors should check the schedule posted in the show office at both locations by 1 p.m. on Tuesday for approximate offloading times. Storage will be returned to exhibitors in the order it was received (i.e., First in, first back).
- Please be patient! Toronto Gift + Home Market management and its official contractors will work diligently to return storage to all exhibitors as quickly as possible while ensuring a safe working environment for all concerned.
- The forklift operators have been instructed to follow directions from floor management staff only. Attempting to have them retrieve specific items slows the storage return process and is not allowed.
- A driver’s licence or credit card are the only acceptable forms of ID to obtain a dolly for move-out. A limited number of dollies are available to exhibitors. It is recommended you bring your own dolly, clearly labeled with your company name.
Dolly pick-up locations:
Toronto Congress Centre: Loading docks (Hall 2)
- All trucks will be held in a holding area until the exhibitor is packed and ready to load at the docks. When completely packed, an exhibitor can obtain a Marshalling or Dock Pass from the dock supervisor or floor manager for accessing loading docks.
- For the convenience of all exhibitors, round-the-clock move-out is available at both market locations. If you are not using one of the Toronto Gift + Home Market’s official carriers, it is recommended that you encourage your carrier to pick up during off-peak hours and avoid potentially lengthy delays.
- All exhibitors must be cleared from the Toronto Congress Centre by 2 p.m. on Friday at the spring markets and by 2 p.m. on Thursday at the fall markets. Any equipment, materials, crates or crating material left in the buildings after these times will be shipped by one of the official carriers at the exhibitor’s own expense.
© 2023 — Canada Gift & Home Markets. All Rights Reserved. Website design by Annex Graphics ~ Binbrook ON